Sunday, August 5, 2012

Existing is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

I feel asleep face down on a dingy greenroom couch today, twice. I had been up for two days straight. Exhausted beyond comprehension, and lets face it, I've left my early 20s and I'm too old for this shit. How do these guys become road warriors and do this for years upon end? Fuck, I'm tired. You know that feeling where you're dead on your feet but you have to keep moving? That is my life. It brings to mind the verse, " If you feel like you're running then you know how we feel." Travel is exhausting and that is all we do.

The first time I woke up I at first thought that Godzilla was in front of me. It was just a venue worker giving me the stink eye. She was probably wondering who the fuck I was and if I was some drunk crazy homeless broad who was passed out next to the spread of bagels and cream cheese. Well, sorta lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment