Saturday, November 13, 2010

I've got my song and I got you with me tonight

The best thing about today was X singing this to me in our hotel room-

The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
I don't need my name in the marquee lights
I got my song and I got you with me tonight
Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of love



X is so silly. Shirtless in a pair of basketball shorts. tattoos covering his arms and chest, he fakes a twang and doesn't really concentrate on the chords.


And it was sweet, but also sorta ironic. Should we get out of this? Would we be fools to give this up? Sitting in that  room on our day off ,both too tired to do anything but take long baths, watch bad tv and stretch out on our king sized bed! 

I played Journey's Faithfully (They say the road ain't no place to start a family/ right down the line it's been you and me/ loving a music man ain't always what it's suppose to be...) at the venue last night. There was a piano in his dressing room. I've played since I was a little girl. I consider it my party trick backstage, but would never want to play onstage. X's band does have some ballads, but nothing to the caliber of November Rain or anything. I have crippling stage fright. I would cry if anyone made me stand up infront of a say 200 people let alone thousands.

No comments:

Post a Comment